What are the capsules of lenalid 5 mg ?
Lenalid 5 mg medicine is a particular type of medicine that has to inhibit properties. Lenalid 5 mg medicine is a Generic Lenalidomide composition. The dose is usually recommended for patients with multiple myeloma or lepra reactions.
However, generic Lenalidomide drug was also known to be prescribed for other situations, depending on the condition and the person.
The Lenalid 5 mg capsules available on the market are produced by Natco Pharma Ltd. It deals with; the medication is not given without a valid prescription from your doctor because of the severe nature of the diseases.
The ingestion of the drug is allowed only after meeting certain requirements. Consult your doctor before beginning the medicine, therefore, always first.
What are lenalid 5mg capsules prescribed for ?
Such capsules have been shown to refer to various types of cancer disorders. This is mainly due to the medicine’s inhibiting properties and its active agent. Multiple myelomas, however, is the biggest complication for which the drug is used. This is also a cancer disease affecting our bodies ‘ immune system. In the plasma cells, the condition begins to develop, which is a way our immune system keeps our body in check.
Lenalidomide tablets were also used for other conditions in addition to cancer disorders. The medication is also recommended for severe Lepra reactions related to skin disorders.
How Lenalid Work
Lenalid 5 Capsule is an anti-cancer drug. It works by improving the immune system that attacks the cancer cells indirectly. It prevents the tumor from growing new blood vessels. It also limits the production of chemical messengers that are responsible for cancer cell growth (cytokine and growth factor). That’s how it works with cancer.
How to Take
Lenalid is usually taken in a 28-day cycle, taking medicine once daily or as directed by a physician. The drug can be taken with or without food but should be taken with one full glass of water. Contact a physician for the right dosage as it will depend on the patient’s condition and their reaction to the medicine. The medicine should be taken the whole and not broken, chewed, crushed, or opened.
Warnings for special population
This capsule is not approved for use in pregnant ladies because of the increased risk of severe adverse impacts on the unborn baby.
Unless necessary, this medicine is not suggested for use in breastfeeding women. Before taking this drug, all the risks and benefits should be discussed with the doctor. Your specialist may advise you to stop breastfeeding or prescribe an alternative medication depend on your clinical condition.
A patient can experience the following side effects
- Decreased White Blood Cell Count
- Muscle Weakness
- Dry Skin
- Edema (Swelling)
- Loss of Appetite
- Decreased Calcium Level
- Weight Loss
- If you are allergic to Lenalid 5 mg Capsule or related drugs, stop using the drug.
- Before taking herbal products or any other medicine on Lenalid 5 mg Capsule, seek advice from the doctor.
- If you experience stabbing pain or unusual swelling, or in a leg or arm, and breathing pain, consult your doctor immediately.
- Avoid alcohol consumption as it may aggravate Lenalid 5 mg Capsule’s side effects.
- Do not exceed the prescribed dose more than necessary.
- Do not abruptly stop using the drug unless the doctor has told you. Immediately stopping the drug will cause the disease to come back.
- During pregnancy or breastfeeding, avoid Lenalid 5 mg Capsule because the drug’s safe use is not yet known.
- Be alert if you have any irregular blood count, liver, or kidney failure when taking Lenalid 5 mg Capsule.
- If it has passed the expiry date of the medication printed on the pack, you are advised not to take Lenalid 5 mg Capsule.